Thursday, January 22, 2009

Two years go ...

... I can remember it like it was just yesterday. My whole world became blurry and was spun upside down, my heart skipped at a new beat and my purpose in life was very clear. It was 11:20 January 22, 2007 ( my due date ) when Parker arrived. Nine whole months went by and I could only imagine what this baby might look like. I was scared that I was going to have a monster baby because of my birth weight being a whopping 10 lb. 9 oz. I have to admit when I looked at him he looked like he might be just that big! His head was VERY coned and his skin was red ... thick black hair, I had never seen anything more beautiful in my whole life! I would ask Taryn " what if I don't think he's cute" and she would always reply " you will think your baby is cute no matter what" and that is nothing but true. Two years later and my love grows deeper and deeper every single day. I always find myself thinking or saying to people that I really think this is my favorite part of life. I hated growing up ... loved being wild and free, but this is my favorite. I love feeling like I can do it all. I love that I wake up have coffee get Parker and I ready for the day, work all day come home cook clean and drift to sleeping know that my day was productive. And that I do have a lot of days off in my week to just snuggle and have so much fun. I am blessed and thank God everyday for my beautiful TWO year old little boy and my very helpful and loving husband. 

On another note I must say that Parker has been really excited about his birthday. He sings " happy to Parker " every day for pretty much this whole year and every time he see's me crafting brobee stuff he knows it's for his birthday. I can't wait for the weekend! I think all of my hard work will pay off when I see him having fun at his brobee birthday party! I will post pictures later of our birthday breakfast my mom made. And our dinner and cake we will have tonight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

you were 10'9?!?!?! wow i thought matt was big at 10'3!!!!
happy birthday to parker! see you later i hope tonight is wonderful!!

January 22, 2009 at 3:40 PM  
Blogger The Indian Summer said...

krista I was the biggest most unatractive baby to be born!!! You can imagine me being scared to push something like that out! Parker was 8 lb 5 oz at 22 inches long.

January 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I totally talked to you today and didn't even say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARKER!!!" Amy I love Parker so much, you know this. He is so special to me and he always will be. I really really hope and pray that him and Claire grow up together and love being friends. I'm glad they love eachother now. I love seeing them together. Love you guys, so much!

January 22, 2009 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I think that picture of you kissing Parker up there is amazing.

January 22, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home