Wednesday, October 8, 2008

crossing the yellow line


Yesterday October 7, 2008 I had just gotten off of work and was at my parents house to pick up Parker. Kyle called me and told me to go home because he feels really bad and he needs me. I immediately thought he did something and got in trouble. So I went home and I left Parker with my parents. I got home and Kyle came through the front door hunched over and said he couldn't move his hands ( they were all crunched together ) he went straight to the bathroom and told me to poor water on him so I did and he was throwing up and pooping (nice) so I helped him get undressed and put him in the bath ( medium temp ) he thought it was freezing and was vigorously shaking because he said it was " sooooo cold " his skin was blue and his left leg and arm had gone numb at this point. I was begging Kyle to let me take him to the hospital but he told me I couldn't that he would tough it out and that he needs me to help him ( keep in mind Kyle could barley talk and I really truly thought he was going to die, also we don't have insurance yet ... it kicks in on the 20th of this month! ) I went and googled heat stroke, because it was hot and he paints out side and he had every single symptom, it said if you have heat stroke call 911 that it could cause fainting, stroke and could be fatal! I was freaking out! I got Kyle out of the tub and lied him in the hall way, at this point he was Freezing cold so I covered him up and he was not getting better like I had hoped he would. Finally he agreed to go to the E.R. so I got the car all ready to go and Kyle told me I had to drive fast ( I drive like a grandma! ) so off we went! Little did people know that I was in a race because I thought Kyle was gonna barf or poop at any minute. I had to cross the yellow line! It sucked so bad to go around an old women driving like 15 mph in a 45 zone! I felt like such an ass! Any way Kyle got an I.V. and after about 4 hours he looked and felt so much better! I have never been so scared in my life! Thank God for my mom and dad! what would I do without them! It also made me realize the love that I have for my husband and that I would really do anything for him.

5 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

That is a really sad story. I walked in on my mom one time and literally she was doing the same exact thing ( pooping and barfing) and her hands were doing that weird thing. I just remember asking her over and over, whats wrong with your hands!??!?im pretty sure she was panicking

October 8, 2008 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger taryn said...

that is crazy! i didn't realize how bad it was :( kyle is lucky to have you to take such good care of him! i would probably just faint if shaun had all that stuff going on!!!

October 8, 2008 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow that is crazy! Heat stroke is scary! Dennis fainted in the movies once, but thank God he didn't have to go to the hospital. Poor Kyle, that cold bath was SAD!

October 8, 2008 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger Cheer up, Old Bean! said...

Wow, Amy how crazy!!! I would just DIE if Daniel was going through that because I'd be so scared!!! I can't believe you were calm enough to look up the symptoms of heat stroke- that probably never would have occurred to me since I don't know the symptoms I would have just assumed Daniel was dying!! I'm so glad everything is okay!!!!

October 9, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm really glad that he is ok and you forced him to go to the hospital. Sometime it's really hard to convince people they need to go. You are a really great wifey Amos.

October 10, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home